Outcomes of the 2019 AGM
IQA members voted and approved a number of the changes at the AGM on the 3rd October 2019. A key outcome was support to amend the IQA's constitution in relation to membership rights. Members overwhelmingly supported:
- All IQA Member categories to be able to vote at future IQA Annual General Meetings
- All IQA Member categories to be able to be eligible for IQA Board Director positions
These changes will support the IQA's direction to add more value to all members and continue to provide services and support to the diverse range of people and roles within the extractive industry.
Members also voted in favour to establish the new IQA - AIQEF committee.
Introducing the IQA's President and Board
At the 2019 AGM, Members elected 6 new Directors. The Directors on the IQA Board include:
President Shane Braddy
Deputy President Grant Farquhar
Director Andrew Wilson
Director Duncan Harris
Director Steve Rogers
Director Clayton Hill
Director Michelle Connelly
Director Joanne Payne
Director Phillip Harris
Click Here for more information
IQA - AIQEF Committee
The Australian Institute of Quarrying Education Foundation (AIQEF) and the Institute of Quarrying Australia (IQA), represent the industry's most precious resource - its people.
At the 2019 AGM, members voted to approve the creation of the IQA - AIQEF Committee. The AIQEF committee and the IQA Board collaborated in preparing the IQA - AIQEF Committee Charter. It preserves the independence of the foundation and future proofs its operation, by extending the benefits of the IQA's governance and insurance structures, to the AIQEF.
The administration and conferral of AIQEF industry support, will continue business as usual through the transition and the foundation's support will continue for:
- Annual 'Alec Northover Award'
- Grants for
- Training resources – (training reference material, self-paced learning material, videos, assessment tools etc)
- Training programs – (pilot course to trial training & training workshops in a remote location)
- Engagement of speakers – (industry dinners, technical meetings)
- Seminars – (educational presenter fees, equipment hire etc)
- Educational scholarships
- Annual Auction exposure to assist with fund raising
Operating as the IQA , The AIQEF Committee will eliminate cost duplication and secure the foundation within a sound legal framework. The AIQEF Committee Charter will integrate with the IQA constitution.
AIQEF Committee Members
David Cilento (Chairperson)
DugaldGray (Committee Member)
John Stanton (Committee Member)
John Mitas (Committee Member)
Clayton Hill (Committee Member)
Shane Braddy (Committee Member)
Grant Farquhar (Committee Member)
2019 Annual Report
Please be advised that the IQA 2019 Annual Report is now available on the IQA website and is accessible directly via this link:
The Annual Report is the major annual publication of the IQA that includes the following:
- President’s report.
- Chief Executive Officer’s report.
- IQA Members & awards.
- Branch and Sub-branch reports.
- WIQ and YMN reports.
- Financial Statements.
Copies of the report are available on written request to:
The Institute of Quarrying Australia (IQA)
PO Box 1779
Milton BC Qld 4064