On this page
WHS requirements for mining are regulated through:
More information about Victoria’s WHS regulatory framework for mining is available at WorkSafe Victoria.
WorkSafe Victoria's responsibilities include:
- help avoid workplace injuries occurring
- enforce Victoria's occupational health and safety laws
- provide reasonably priced workplace injury insurance for employers
- help injured workers back into the workforce
- manage the workers' compensation scheme by ensuring the prompt delivery of appropriate services and adopting prudent financial practices.
Phone: 1800 136 089 or (03) 9641 1444
Clean Energy Regulator
Regulator for clean energy and renewable energy (electricity).
Phone: 1300 553 542
Energy Safe Victoria
In Victoria, regulations covering electrical equipment safety and efficiency are administered by Energy Safe Victoria (ESV). The key functions of ESV include:
- overseeing the design, construction and maintenance of electricity, gas and pipeline networks
- licensing and registering electricians, and
- issuing and auditing Certificates of Electrical Safety.
Email: email@example.com (general) or firstname.lastname@example.org (licensing)
Phone: 1800 800 158 (general) or 1800 815 721 (licensing )