WHS Regulators

WHS requirements for mining are regulated through the Mines Safety and Inspection Act 1994 and the Mines Safety and Inspection Regulations 1995More information on Western Australia’s WHS regulatory framework for mining is available at the Department of Mines and Petroleum website.

WorkSafe WA - Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety

WorkSafe is the Western Australian Government agency responsible for the administration of the Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984. It is a division of the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety. 
WorkSafe aims to reduce workplace fatalities and injury and disease rates in accordance with national targets, by:

Contact details
1300 307 877

Resources Safety - Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety

Resources Safety is responsible for safety regulation for mining, petroleum and dangerous goods in Western Australia.

Contact details:
(08) 9222 3333

WorkCover WA

WorkCover WA is the authority overseeing the workers’ compensation and injury management scheme in Western Australia, WorkCover ensures the scheme operates fairly and efficiently for all stakeholders, from injured workers to employers, insurers, health professionals and legal representatives.

WorkCover monitors compliance with the Workers’ Compensation and Injury Management Act 1981 and informing and educating all stakeholders about workers’ compensation and injury management rights and obligations as well as providing an independent dispute resolution system.

Contact details 
(08) 9388 5555


 Electricity Regulators

Clean Energy Regulator

Regulator for clean energy and renewable energy (electricity).

Contact details 
1300 553 542

EnergySafety - Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety

EnergySafety is responsible for the technical and safety regulation of all the electrical and most of the gas industry in Western Australia.

Contact details
energysafety@dmirs.wa.gov.au (general) or energylicensing@dmirs.wa.gov.au (licensing)
(08) 6251 1900 (general) or (08) 6251 2000 (licensing)