Belonging to The Institute has many benefits. Primarily, Institute membership is formal recognition of an individual’s professional achievement and competency. By becoming a member, career prospects may be enhanced.
Members are updated with the latest technical, environmental and commercial developments in the industry, through participation in Institute activities and by access to technical journals and a web site. Networking with other members gives rise to great friendships and camaraderie. Members meet regularly at a local, national or international level.
- Recognition of achievement - use of designator letters to indicate member status;
- Local and national access to technical meetings and symposia;
- Access to continued education programs, leading to formal qualifications or recognition of competency;
- Opportunities for professional advancement through local and international networking;
- Networking with industry peers;
- Awards which recognise personal achievement and/or input to industry;
- International affiliation and exchange of ideas;
- Free subscription to the informative monthly Quarry magazine; and
- promotion of the industry and its importance to the economy;
- corporate news; and
- positive influence on current professional standards, as well as development of new relevant industry standards.