Guest Presenter: Clare Lindop
- First Australian female to ride in the Melbourne Cup
- 2005 SA Metropolitan Premiership winner
- 1,432 wins, competiting all over Australia and the world
- Holdfast Bay Councillor
Date: Friday 28th May 2021
Venue: Adelaide Zoo
Frome Rd, Adelaide
Time: 6:30pm for pre dinner drinks
Event concludes at 11:30pm
- Clare Lindop started race riding in 1995 when women jockeys were few and far between.
- In 2003 she entered the history books becoming the first Australian Female to ride in the Melbourne Cup, the 3rd female ever to do so.
- She won the SA Metropolitan Premiership in 2005, rode in the Melbourne Cup in 2007 and 2008 a total of 3 times, the most of any female jockeys.
- In March 2014 Clare had a major race fall when her mount Gambling Guru clipped heels and fell. She sustained multiple fractures in 15 ribs, a broken scapular and collar bone. After intensive rehabilitation, Clare returned to racing winning her third SA Premiership and 2nd John Letts medal, by a clear margin.
- Clare retired in 2018 after 23 years in the saddle, 1,432 winners, competing all over Australia and the world at the highest level.
- Clare is currently a local Holdfast Bay Councillor, a racing consultant, a mentor for Apprentice Jockeys and a guest speaker for many different industries and charities.
|IQA Members (partners/spouses):