Date: Thursday 25 November 2021
Start: 10:00am - AEDT (Australian Eastern Daylight Time)
Delivery: Online Via Zoom
Quarry Roads & Vehicle Operating Areas - Online Webinar overview
Following on from a recent campaign by the NSW Resource Regulator Vehicle Incidents - Heading in the Wrong Direction, and continued high frequency of incidents involving vehicles both light, heavy and mobile plant in our industry the IQA is running a webinar on “Roads and Other Vehicle Areas"
This facilitated online webinar conducted by the Institute of Quarrying Australia has been designed to provide participants with an understanding of the safety, efficiency and productivity considerations for managing haul roads and transport in quarries and improving collision avoidance.
Quarry Roads & Vehicle Operating Areas Online Webinar will cover:
- The hazards and risks associated with operation of quarry vehicles, and mobile plant and equipment in quarries
- Overview of quarry legislative requirements
- Strategies for management of traffic and haul routes
Who should attend
The course is targeted at quarry managers, supervisors, and others responsible for traffic and transport management within quarries.
Quarry Roads & Vehicle Operating Areas - Online Webinar learning objectives:
- Understand the fundamental aspects of transport route planning in quarries
- Understand the risks and hazards associated with the interaction of quarry vehicles, mobile plant and equipment, and pedestrians in quarries
- Explore strategies for managing the risks associated with transport route and haul road construction
- Understand stockyard planning and operations
Continuing Professional Development Hours (CPD Hours)
1.5 hours – Risk Management.
A completion certificate will be issued once finished.
IQA Member: $80
IQNZ Member: $80 AUD
This webinar will be run on the Zoom Platform. Registrants will be sent separate login details a few days prior to the webinar. To run Zoom you will need to download the software. If you have questions regarding the system requirements please visit the Zoom website.
All participants must have access to the internet and a laptop / tablet that can run Zoom. If you have questions regarding the system requirements please visit the Zoom website.
- Internet connection Laptop, PC or Phone with sound and video capability
- Quiet environment
Chris Georgiou, Director of TASC Solutions. Chris has worked as a manager in the construction materials and mining industry for over 10 years. In this time, he has held senior statutory management positions at large hard rock quarries and a mineral sand mine. Chris is passionate about safety in the workplace ensuring systems and processes are in place support to the workforce to achieve this.
All information is correct at the time of publication. The IQA reserves the right to alter or delete items as required, and takes no responsibility for any errors, omissions and changes.