The Brady Review highlighted absent or inadequate supervision as a contributing factor to safety performance in the mining and quarrying industry.
The Supervising for Safety workshop has been designed to prepare Quarry Supervisors to meet their obligations for managing workplace risk, and to provide them with the skills to effectively supervise and lead for safety. This workshop is relevant to all supervisors working in quarrying and small mines.
The course will cover:
This workshop will help participants:
- Communication and leadership
- Routines and time management
- Safety behaviours
- Making better decisions
- Negotiation and conflict resolution
- Understand the role of and importance of supervision in safety performance
- Understand the crucial skills and core responsibilities for supervisors
- Understand effective communication and how to have a hard conversation
- Understand the process of negotiation and conflict resolution
- Understand how to coach and manage behaviour for safety outcomes
- Establish techniques for effective decision making and time management
CPD hours: 7.5 hours – Leadership and Management. A completion certificate will be issued once finished.
SUPPORTING EDUCATION MATERIAL
The IQA also offers a number of other courses to support knowledge of quarry supervisors. Examples of these include;
- Quarry Products Technical Training
- Slope Stability
- Respirable Crystalline Silica
- Incident Investigation
- Risk Management
For a full list of courses and resources visit www.quarry.com.au
GENERAL AWARENESS MATERIAL
The IQA has released a number or resources such as fact sheets and toolbox talks that support general awareness for the industry. These resources are designed to provide general background information and cover a number of topics such as RCS, stress, diversity and much, much more. Please visit the IQA website for more details.
We look forward to your participation!
Date: Thursday 21 July 2022
Start time: 8:00am sharp
Finish time: 5:00pm
Facilitator: Mr Chris Georgiou
458 Lake Road
Argenton NSW 2284
IQA Member: $175.00
Non Member: $225.00
Registrations Close: Thursday 14 July 2022 - unless sold out prior.
All information is correct at the time of publication. The IQA reserves the right to alter or delete items as required, and takes no responsibility for any errors, omissions or changes.