Date: Thursday 11 November 2021
Time: 8.00am - 4.30pm AEDT (Australian Eastern Daylight Time)
Note: A one minute silence will take place at 11:00am to honour Remembrance Day.
Location: Online | You will need a computer (or other digital device) with internet connection and web camera to participate in this workshop.
Requirements: All participants must have access to the internet and a computer (or other digital device) with web camera to participate in this workshop.
The IQA is approved by the NSW Resources Regulator to deliver Learning from disasters one-day program.
Under the Maintenance of Competence Scheme, developed by the NSW Resources Regulator, for those holding a NSW Practicing Certificate – Quarry Manager (without conditions) a minimum of 90 hours professional development is required over five (5) years. This includes completing the Regulator’s approved Learning From Disasters one-day program.
- Recognise recurrent patterns of failure linked to significant work health and safety incidents.
- Understand how identifying and managing a principal hazard links to reducing risk.
- Recognise the causal role human and organisational factors and critical factors play in work health and safety incidents.
- Build an understanding of roles, responsibilities and mechanisms that foster a safe work culture.
- Identify contemporary risk factors and vulnerabilities in your organisational safety management systems.
- Develop risk control options and strategies that best manage work, health and safety risks.
Course facilitator: Tony Ferrazza
Tony has previously been a Senior Mining Engineer with WorkSafe Victoria with oversight of quarries and open cut mines in Victoria. He has extensive experience in the training area as training co-ordinator at Box Hill Institute and facilitation of a range of courses for the industry.
IQA member price - $225 (inclusive of GST)
IoQ NZ Member price - $225
IQA non-member price $295 (inclusive of GST)
NSW CPD Hours – 7 (General WHS)
Note: The NSW Resources Regulator has approved delivery of this course online with no more than 10 participants per session. The IQA will reschedule the course if a minimum of 8 participants are not registered.
** IQA’s Approved Training Provider Number - 0004206