IQA SA AGM Branch Dinner – Saturday 11 September 2021
The SA Branch AGM was held at The Sanctuary – Adelaide Zoo with over 80 guests in attendance. In the spirit of keeping the Branch vibrant this was a new venue and it proved very popular.
At the AGM current Branch Chair Andrew Wilson was re-elected (unopposed) and he will be supported by:
- James Rowe – Vice Chairman
- Todd Threadgold – Secretary
- Kevan Barrie – Treasurer
and the following committee members:
- Rodney Kazem, Michael Close, Paul Thompson, Mark Taylor, Irene Harasymyszyn, Michael Williams, Susan Lewis, David O’Farrell and Colin Stormonth
Membership certificates were presented by Kevan Barrie to:
- Doug McDonald – DKM Electrical
- Neil Reimann – MSP Group
- Dean Taylor – Visy Recycling
- Ethan McPhail – Visy Recycling
| L-R – Kevan Barrie, Neil Reimann, Doug McDonald, Ethan McPhail, Dean Taylor
The Branch was delighted to have Jenny Carbery, Delivery Director, North-South Corridor Project, Department for infrastructure and Transport present on the 10.5 km Torrens to Darlington (T2D) Project. This is the most significant infrastructure project ever undertaken in South Australia at around $10 Billion. Jenny’s presentation highlighted the significant amount of Quarry and Concrete products that would be required for the project, and it was the perfect opportunity for her to get the message across to the industry on upscaling to meet the expected future demand.
| L-R – Andrew Wilson, Jenny Carbery
The SA Branch again thanks our sponsors for their continued support which goes a long way to ensuring that our Branch remains relevant, vibrant and effective for our members.
Upcoming events are:
- Friday 12-Nov: Branch Dinner @ Kooyonga Golf Club
- Friday 3-Dec: WIQ Diversity & Inclusion Conference – Barossa Novotel