Safe Work Australia published a new Workplace Exposure Standards for crystalline silica to 0.05 mg/m3. Following on from this, the IQA has developed a suite of resources to inform and educate on best practice guidelines, exposure, and employee health and safety regarding Respirable Crystalline Silica (RCS). This includes Fact Sheets, On-demand Webinars and now a full day workshop.
This workshop is delivered by a qualified hygienist and is aimed at Quarry Managers, Quarry Supervisors, Senior managers/staff, H&S Officers.
The workshop will be held at the Wardroom at the South of Perth Yacht Club. The Wardroom overlooks the water, with views of Perth city.
All prices include morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
The workshop will provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of silica and current compliance requirements specifically covering:
- Workplace Exposure Standards
- Risk Management
- Exposure Monitoring, Monitoring Program & Results
- Health Monitoring
- Dust Controls
- Respiratory Protection
- Principal Hazard Management Plans
Understanding the changes to the Workplace Exposure Standard is critical for staff in positions or responsibility in quarries.
- Dispel the myths about silica
- Understand your reporting requirements
- Understand health monitoring requirements
- Review risk management and hierarchy of controls
- Understand how to communicate with your teams on risk, PPE, reporting and monitoring
- Understand what is needed in your Principal Hazard Management Plans
We look forward to your participation!
Date: Thursday 27th May 2021
Start time: 8:00am sharp
Finish time: 4:00pm
Facilitator: Dr Elaine Lindars | Director
Location: South of Perth Yacht Club
Requirements: All participants will be required to undertake some pre-reading.
IQA Member: $270
Non Member: $350
Registrations Close: 20th May 2021
CPD Hours: 5 hours - General Workplace Health and Safety